Monday, August 11, 2008

Professor Teacher

I am Professor Teacher again, as my students at College of Alameda so fondly called me - mostly because they couldn't say my name.

I had an interview at St. John's University today. It went well. They offered me the position on the spot. The part-time gig, as per usual, was through nepotism. The lovely George swoops in with all sorts of awesome again. Many thanks to that man. Pretty soon I will actually be qualified for these positions. I kid, I kid, kinda.

I'm pretty excited. It starts in fall. I will be teaching a basic conversation class, writing and rhetoric course, and a poetry class. There is also ample opportunity for research, which is helpful for me, as I only have a MA. (Does that read as snobby as it sounded in my head?)

SO

DO send any and all poems and short stories you love. Also, please DO send any and all poetry lesson plans you have kicking around in your teacher files. If you're not a teacher, take a minute to reflect on any kick ass poetry projects you did whilst a student all those years ago.

Please and xie xie.

3 comments:

Bissie said...

Hello love. For poems I would recommend Edna St. Vincent Millay. Also, there is a great book of shorts "75 Readings, An Anthology". Here is the link on Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/75-Readings-Santi-V-Buscemi/dp/007312513X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218478746&sr=8-1

I have the sixth edition which is lovely. That is all I can think of right now as my brain is fried from doing quite poorly on a neuroscience exam. :-(.

craig said...

"There once was a man from Nantucket.....maybe I should stay out of the poetry thing. love pops

Alliya said...

Bissie- Yes, thank you for reminding me I love her poetry.

Dad - I am always amazed by how many of your words of wisdom rhyme with Nantucket. I kid, I kid.